Christian Michael Hubicki
PhD in Robotics/Mechanical Engineering
Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Florida State University
chubicki [AT] fsu [DOT] edu
Starting in Fall 2018, I will be an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Florida State University. My laboratory research will focus on robotics, but will blend into foundational sciences like biomechanics and physics. I will have a faculty appointment at both FSU as well as Florida A&M, so I can advise graduate students from either university.
Joining My New Lab:
I am looking for motivated and talented students to join my robotics research laboratory at Florida State University / Florida A&M. Specifically, I am looking for:
- Graduate Students with a focus in a Robotics-Related Field (Engineering, Mathematics, Computation, or Basic Sciences)
- Undergraduate Students with an interest in Robotics, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Basic Sciences
- Exceptional High School Students who can Commute to the Tallahassee Area.
If you are interested in working hard on very challenging robotics research, please send me the following and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.
- A resume detailing your relevant experience.
- A brief description of self-initiated projects you have done.
- Motivation to initiate and complete projects is a critical skill in a research lab. That's what I'm looking for in a fantastic laboratory member. So I want to know what you love to do! Did you join a research lab as a college student because you thought it was interesting? Did you build a robot for a class? Did you code something cool just for fun at home? Do you build furniture, refurbish cars, or just love getting your hands dirty? If so, include a picture, a video (via YouTube link), and/or a very brief description of your projects (about two sentences each).